Takashi Homma RRREECCONNSTRUCCTTT Experiment
Document the experiment we conducted, inspired by Takashi Homma's RRREECCONNSTRUCCTTT photo performance.
You should include:
- Some contextual information about Takashi Homma's practice and the RRREECCONNSTRUCCTTT performance
- Some photographs of the RRREECCONNSTRUCCTTT book with explanations about the way it is designed and 'read'
- An explanation of the experiment we carried out in class and the ideas behind it with photographs of the process (see below)
- A reference to Threshold Concept #6 - ideas about chance, control (and loss of it), collaboration, power ...etc.
- Photographs of the finished reconstructed images (see below)
- Some thoughts about what you might do to further develop/refine this approach to image making. How could you incorporate more chance into your practice?
- Reference to the 'Ego Exhibition' being curated by the Year 13 BTEC group and their role in re-presenting our reconstructed images. How does the word 'ego' relate to photography? How is our experiment a challenge to notions of authorship and control of meaning?